Here is a selection of recent media stories in 2014 featuring DCA:
The day a writer found evidence of his own thought crime, by Fiona Smith, The Australian Financial Review, 20 August 2014.
Diversity Council Australia measures the bamboo ceiling, by Rachel Alembakis, The Sustainability Report, 15 August 2014.
- Splitting the bamboo ceiling, by Lisa Annese, The Australian Financial Review, 13 August 2014.
- First the ceiling was glass, now it’s bamboo, In Business South Australia, 12 August 2014.
- Report questions "Asian capability" in Australian businesses, by Brent Balinski, Ferret, 12 August 2014.
- Asian talent held back by recruiters' cultural bias, says Diversity Council, Shortlist, 11 August 2014.
- New report says Australia's bamboo ceiling is leading to a brain drain of Asian talent, ABC Radio The World Today, 11 August 2014.
- Is a 'Bamboo Curtain' costing Australian business dear? ABC Radio Australia, 11 August 2014.
- "Bamboo Ceiling" spreading across Australia, Shanghai Daily, 11 August 2014.
'Bamboo ceiling' holding Asian workers back, SBS TV, 11 August 2014.
Few Asian Leaders Reach the Top Reveals Research, ProBono News, 11 August 2014.
- 'Bamboo ceiling' means Asian talent under-represented at senior levels in Australian companies, ABC News , ABC Northern Tasmania, ABC Radio Australia, 11 August 2014.
- Australian businesses failing to capitalise on Asian talent with “bamboo ceiling”: survey, by Eloise Keating, Smart Company, 11 August 2014.
- Asian talent seen as executors, not leaders, HR Daily, 11 August 2014.
- Lisa Annese interview with Jon Faine, ABC Radio 774 Melbourne, 11 August 2014.
- Diversity Council takes aim at corporate ‘bamboo ceiling’, The Australian Financial Review and The ‘bamboo ceiling’ is just as bad as the glass one, BRW, by Fiona Smith and Rachel Nickless, 11 August 2014.
- Asian managers take it easy so they get ahead down under, by Natasha Bita, The Australian, 11 August 2014.
- New Australian research reveals how ‘the bamboo ceiling’ is blocking the rise of Asian talent, ABC TV The Drum, 6 August 2014.
- Are Asian Australians being locked out of top jobs? ABC TV The Drum, 6 August 2014.
- Why 'having it all' is the wrong question, by Lisa Annese, Women's Agenda, 4 August 2014.
How to crack the bamboo ceiling … and why your business needs to, by Jason Johnson, BRW, 11 July 2014.
'Bamboo ceiling' hampering Asians in Australia, by AFP, Yahoo 7 Finance, 11 July 2014.
NAB’s boost for working parents, by Rachel Nickless, The Australian Financial Review, 25 June 2014.
Existing PPL schemes at risk under current proposal, HR Daily, 24 June 2014.
Interview with Lisa Annese, by Antonio Dottore, Radio Adelaide, 20 June 2014.
What is diversity? Lisa Annese with Kat Davidson, 612 ABC Radio Brisbane Weekends, 15 June 2014.
- Friday Talkback: Are working dads being supported to care for their children? ABC Radio National Life Matters, 13 June 2014.
- Targets, not quotas, will achieve greater diversity, by Michael Martinez, Geelong Advertiser, 12 June 2014.
- The caring squeeze: Making a career between kids and parents, b 9 Jun 2014.
Next up for the Diversity Council: Making diversity the 'norm', b Women's Agenda, 3 June 2014.
Annese new DCA boss, Thomson Reuters' Discrimination Alert, Issue 447, 30 May 2014.
Diversity Council Reveals New Leader, ProBono News, 26 May 2014.
Diversity Council appoints new CEO, Women's Agenda, 22 May 2014.
Y you have no job, by Kellie Scott, MX Newspaper, 20 May 2014.
Working till 70 requires anti-discrimination effort, by Lisa Annese, Motherpedia, 20 May 2014.
- How cultural diversity can boost your bottom line, Inside HR, 14 May 2014.
- Changes to discrimination laws could backfire: DCA, HR Daily, 12 May 2014.
- Gosford Council says no to plan for set quota for female senior staff, by Terry Collins, Central Coast Gosford Express, 30 April 2014.
- Best solution for working mums? Mainstreaming flexibility, b, Women's Agenda, 23 April 2014.
- Myths about older workers, Mornings on Channel Nine, 16 April 2014.
- Court ruling highlights workplace age discrimination, by Michael Kenny, SBS, 14 April 2014.
- Australian Multiculturalism in an Asian Century: The Case for Racial Tolerance, by Tim Soutphommasane, ABC Religion and Ethics, 3 April 2014.
- Race Discrimination Commissionner defends racial tolerance, by J-Wire Staff, J-Wire, 2 April 2014.
- Diversity divides opinion, In-Business South Australia, 28 March 2014.
- Government to keep gender reporting rules in place, by Myriam Robin, Smart Company, 26 March 2014.
Women's groups vindicated as gender reporting stays, Women's Agenda, 26 March 2014.
- Cultural diversity makes good business sense: Rich lister Peter Scanlon, by Caitlin Fitzsimmons, BRW, 6 March 2014.
- Leaning in...and about to fall over, by Tracey Spicer, The Hoopla, 5 March 2014.
- Gender equity needs sponsorship not mentoring, says Diversity Council, ABC TV News Breakfast, 4 March 2014.
- Gender equity measures failing to get women into leadership roles: Diversity Council Australia, ABC,
- Women’s Leadership Initiatives Failing, ProBono News, 3 March 2014.
- ANZ banks on Mardi Gras for new talent, by Bianca Hartge-Hazelman and Jemima Whyte, The Australian Financial Review and vision on Channel Nine's Financial Review Sunday program, 23 February 2014.
- Annual event shines spotlight on diversity, by Stephanie Zillman, Dynamic Business, 20 February 2014.
- Businesses neglecting cultural diversity in race to achieve gender balance, by Caitlin Fitzsimmons, BRW, 19 February 2014.
- Racist attitudes still prevalent in Australian businesses: Diversity Council finds, by Yolanda Redrup, Smart Company, 18 February 2014.
- Childcare and the workplace, ABC Radio National, Life Matters, presented by Natasha Mitchell, 6 February 2014.
- ALP seeks tax relief for off-site childcare places, by Patricia Karvelas, The Australian, 5 February 2014.
- Want to work for a company that values diversity? Meet our Select Employers, by Georgina Dent, Women's Agenda, 24 January 2014.
- Working women in Australia, Where Women Work, January 2014.
- Australian Stores Yank T-Shirts Seen Upsetting Aborigines, by James Glynn, The Wall Street Journal, 9 January 2014.
- Data on pay gap between male and female graduates dropped from report, by Oliver Milman, The Guardian, 7 January 2014.
Seven reasons why the rise of women is good for men, by Fiona Smith, The Australian Financial Review, 2 January 2014.
For media stories in 2013, click here.
For media stories in 2012, click here.
For media stories in 2011, click here.
For media stories in 2010, click here.