A workplace that values diversity and is free of discrimination is more productive:
- Greater employee satisfaction leads to improved productivity and profitability.
- Reduced employee turnover cuts the cost of having to replace skilled and experienced people.
- Harnessing employee skills and perspectives increases creativity and innovation.
A reputation for respect and diversity enhances an employer’s business:
- Talented employees are attracted to you and want to stay.
- A broader range of customers and suppliers want to do business with you that can open up new markets and opportunities.
Failure to take steps to prevent discrimination or inappropriate workplace behaviour has serious consequences:
- Extensive legislation protects people against discrimination.
- Complaints can lead to costly litigation and compensation claims as well as unwanted staff turnover and damage to an employer’s reputation.