DCA is a small team of dedicated professionals with a passion for diversity and inclusion (D&I) and a focus on providing the best advice and services to enable our members to drive business improvement.
DCA is an inclusive employer. We encourage flexible working and aim to create a work environment where all employees are valued, and can contribute, regardless of gender, age, culture, class, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, Indigeneity, family and caring responsibilities or religion.
People and Culture Partner
Newly created role suitable for a People and Culture generalist
Strong values alignment with a people-focused, not-for-profit organisation working to enable organisations to create diverse and inclusive workplaces
Part time permanent role – 3 – 4 days a week (0.6/0.8 FTE)
Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Canberra with flexible working arrangements available
This is an exciting opportunity to join DCA as the People and Culture Partner. In this newly created role, reporting to the Operations Director:
- You’ll be working closely with our management team providing accurate and timely people and culture advice, support and services
- You’ll have a varied portfolio of work covering employee performance and development, recruitment and selection, on-boarding and off-boarding, policy review, conflict resolution, and emerging people and culture areas.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing timely day-to-day advice and support to managers and employees on all aspects of people and culture
- Identifying new and improved ways of doing things to enhance the employee experience
- Providing support to the management team to manage the performance and development needs of the DCA workforce
- Assisting with succession planning and talent market research, recruitment and selection of staff as well as on-boarding, induction and off-boarding
- Assisting with reviewing and/or developing people and culture policies
- Ensuring all HR frameworks and practices are compliant with relevant legislation
- Providing support preparing reporting on various people and culture matters
- Contributing to the development, implementation and review of people and culture plans, policies, systems and related projects as identified.
The successful candidate must have:
- Proven experience as a generalist People and Culture partner
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resources Management, or relevant working experience in the field
- Outstanding emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage internal and external stakeholder relationships effectively.
- The successful candidate must also model DCA values of inclusion, collaboration, adaptability, courage and integrity.
DCA is the independent not-for-profit peak body leading diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We provide unique research, inspiring events and programs, curated resources and expert advice across all diversity dimensions to a community of over 1,000 member organisations.
- Our belief is that diversity and inclusion is good for people and business.
- Our vision is to create a more diverse and inclusive Australia.
- Our mission is to encourage and enable Australian organisations to create diverse and inclusive workplaces.
DCA is an inclusive employer. We encourage flexible working and aim to create a work environment where all employees are respected, connected, and can contribute, regardless of gender identity, age, culture, disability, sexuality, Indigeneity, family and caring responsibilities or religion. We strongly encourage applications from people with lived experience of diversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants or applicants with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: Applications close on 11.59 pm, 27 April 2022
Please go to fisherleadership.com and click on ‘APPLY ONLINE’ using reference DCAhra0222, addressing your cover letter and resume to Katie Hooker of Fisher Leadership, or call +61 1300 347 437 for further information.