What’s in my invisible backpack? D&I through a ‘privilege’ lens
Many of us carry unearned advantages over others that we may not even be aware of. These advantages can come from our abilities, age, cultural background, gender identity, physical appearance, sexual orientation or socio-economic status, to name a few.
In our next event, brought to you in partnership with Xplore for Success, DCA’s Research Director Dr. Jane O’Leary will examine:
- What privilege in the workplace looks like
- How we can calculate our own ‘invisible backpack’ of privilege
- Why understanding privilege is critical to working in the D&I area
- How to work constructively with privilege to build more diverse and inclusive workplaces.
DCA has also invited a special line up of very qualified guest speakers to join DCA CEO Lisa Annese in a moderated discussion and share their individual experiences and perspectives of privilege in the workplace.
Guest speakers will include:
- Darren Fittler, Partner, Gilbert + Tobin Lawyers and DCA Board Member
- Kimberly Olsen, Training & Engagement Manager, ACON
- Charles Prouse, Chair of Australian Indigenous Leadership Centre
- Diana Ryall, Managing Director, Xplore for Success.