Inclusion@Work Index Launch (Preliminary Notification)
What are the experiences of Australian workers when it comes to inclusion? Diversity Council Australia and Suncorp have joined forces to generate a national index which maps and tracks inclusion in Australian workplaces.
The mark of an inclusive workplace is when a diversity of people (e.g. from different ages, cultural backgrounds, genders) feel respected and valued for who they are. They feel connected to their co-workers and a part of their team and have opportunities to progress their career and contribute their talents to the organisation.
At this launch of the Inclusion@Work Index, Suncorp's CEO & Managing Director, Michael Cameron will open proceedings by talking about the importance of inclusion and sharing Suncorp's approach to inclusion.
DCA’s Research Director, Dr Jane O’Leary will then present findings from this year’s first and foundational inclusion survey, which provides insights into:
- How supportive are Australian workers of inclusion at work?
- What impact do inclusive teams and inclusive leaders have on team performance and employee satisfaction, success, and security?
- Who (which demographic groups) in particular benefits from workplace inclusion?
- Which industries are leading and which are lagging?
- How did DCA define and measure workplace inclusion?
Following Jane’s presentation, DCA’s CEO, Lisa Annese will invite four guest speakers to participate in a panel discussion exploring the findings and what practical actions organisations can take to build more inclusive workplaces:
- Amanda Revis, Chief People Experience Officer, Suncorp
- Dr Graeme Russell, an internationally recognised consultant, researcher and writer
- Karen Mundine, CEO, Reconciliation Australia
- Danielle Finnimore, Diversity & Inclusion Manager, KPMG Australia.
Registrations for this event will open approximately one month prior to the event.