Webinar: What does an inclusive recovery look like post COVID-19
As restrictions start to ease and the economy responds, it’s timely consider what the workplace of the future will look like and importantly, how we can ensure that the road to recovery is inclusive. This webinar features a panel of industry and academic experts and practitioners who examined these issues .
COVID-19 has changed the face of work, perhaps forever. Huge numbers of staff are now working from home and for those that can’t, social distancing has become the norm. Essential services and front-line staff face risks on a day to day basis. And let’s not forget that many people have been stood down or have lost their jobs altogether.
As restrictions start to ease and the economy responds, it’s timely to consider what the workplace of the future will look like and importantly, how we can ensure that the road to recovery is inclusive. This webinar features a panel of industry and academic experts and practitioners who examined these issues including:
- The different impacts of COVID-19 across industries and employment classes, both negative and positive
- How particular diverse groups, and those with caring responsibilities are being affected (e.g. female, younger, older, people with disability and culturally diverse workers)
- What an inclusive recovery looks like and how organisations map the road ahead (including the role of flexible working and creating cohesive and inclusive teams)
- How leading employers are applying a diversity and inclusion lens to their recovery.
Our guest panel, moderated by Ming Long AM, Deputy Chair of the DCA Board, includes:
- Marian Baird AO, Professor of Gender and Employment Relations, The University of Sydney Business School
- Abbie Wright, Diversity & Inclusion Manager, Arup
- Lisa Fowkes, Director, Social Ventures Australia
- Lesh Prasad, General Manager - Strategic Relationships, HELP Employment & Training.
"I am not working directly in D&I at this point but on the COVID recovery policy and engagement. It was useful information to share with my policy colleagues." Anon - Event participant
"I think your presentations are topical and well organized, well done." Anon - Event participant
"Great engaging session with a variety of opinions and points of view".Anon - Event participant
"I really enjoy the webinars, so informative and relevant for today." Anon - Event participant