Webinar on: How to build workplace inclusion
Inclusion at work occurs when a diversity of people (e.g. of different ages, cultural backgrounds, genders) feel valued and respected, have access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute their perspectives and talents to improve their organisation.
Creating an inclusive workplace is fundamental to maximising diversity and creating successful organisations – it’s not enough to have a mix of people in your organisation; it’s about getting that mix to work.
At this event, DCA partnered with HSBC Australia to investigate how organisations and leaders can build their capabilities in inclusion.
Event emcee Mariam Veiszadeh, Members & Advisory Director, unpacks inclusion in the workplace and investigates:
- The state of inclusion and exclusion in Australian workplaces
- What inclusive leadership and why it’s important
- The role of inclusive language
- Inclusive recruitment
- New frontiers on inclusion such as Class
- The challenges of inclusion with remote teams.
DCA Director, Policy and Projects, Cathy Brown presents the range of DCA's resources on inclusion and we heard how organisations are having success in building inclusion in their workplaces. Our guest panel contributed a variety of perspectives to our discussion:
- Dr Ben Gauntlett, Disability Discrimination Commissioner, Australian Human Rights Commission
- Mitch Hibbens, Program Director MURRA Indigenous Business Masterclass Program, Melbourne Business School
- Kylie McGavin, Head of Talent, HSBC Bank Australia and
- Cathy Brown, Director, Policy & Projects, Diversity Council Australia.