Here is a selection of media stories in 2012 featuring DCA:
- A big year for Indigenous employment at Telstra, by Jamie Hardy, Telstra Exchange, 19 December 2012.
- The real 20 Most Influential women of 2012, by Annette Sharp, The Daily Telegraph, 14 December 2012.
20 most influential female voices of 2012, Daily Life, The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age, 11 December 2012.
New Act moves Gender Equality into 21st century, by Helen Conway, Open Forum, 6 December 2012.
Where do we go from here? Diversity, Human Capital Magazine, Issue 10.12 celebrating 10 years, 6 December 2012.
Debate Finds Racism is Holding Australia Back, Chic Traveller, 2 December 2012.
Grey is the new black in workplace dynamics, by Matt Wade, Canberra Times, 1 December, 2012.
Fed Govt gets serious on reform, Discrimination Alert, Issue 411, Thomson Reuters, 29 November 2012.
Government gender watchdog pushes for management quotas for women, by Cara Waters, Smart Company, 27 November 2012.
Female leader concerns despite triumphs of ASX 200, by Stephanie Zillman, HC Online, 27 November 2012.
In 10 years inflexible work practices, pay gap and the ‘have it all’ dilemma could disappear, by Helen Conway, Women's Agenda, 26 November 2012.
Battle for tolerance amid continued homophobic slurs at work. by Stephanie Zillman, HC Online, 22 November 2012.
We should make an example of dumb racists, by Joe Hildebrand, The Punch, 21 November 2012.
PM sets working from home target of 12%, by Cara Waters, Smart Company, 12 November 2012.
One in four sexually harassed in workplace as victimisation continues after a complaint, by Cara Waters, Smart Company, 30 October 2012.
- Indigenous Women of Influence and Excellence, by Jason Glanville,National Centre of Indigenous Excellence blog, 17 October 2012.
- 100 Australian Women of Influence 2012, by Deborah Robinson, Australian Women Online, 15 October 2012.
- Women of Influence | Leaders in their field take out top awards, by Katie Walsh, The Australian Financial Review, 13 October 2012.
- Owen crowned 2012 Woman of Influence, by Narelle Hooper and Catherine Fox, The Australian Financial Review, 12 October 2012.
- Meet Australia’s 100 Women of Influence, by Narelle Hooper and Catherine Fox, The Australian Financial Review, 12 October 2012.
- Uproar as students dress as 'traditional' Aboriginal people, by Saffron Howden, The Sydney Morning Herald, 11 October 2012.
- Stress burden on workforce, by Lauren Novak, The Advertiser, 10 October 2012.
- People culture: Diversity lesson for leaders a no-brainer, HC Online TV, 21 September 2012.
- Happy ending or not, Gillard a heroine in political sphere, by Tanja Kovac,The Sydney Morning Herald, 19 September 2012.
- House husbands still a TV fantasy, by Suzy Freeman-Greene, The Canberra Times, 15 September 2012.
- Finding the right mix of youth and experience, by Anneli Knight, Brisbane Times, 5 September 2012.
- Caring for our son is our top job, by Amy McNeilage, The Courier and 59 other regional newspapers, 2 September 2012.
- Nareen Young talking men and flexible working, Sunday Business with Ross Greenwood, 2GB radio, 2 September 2012.
- Flexibility eludes male workers, The Weekend Australian, 1 September 2012.
- Price put on older workers, by Emma Connors and Rachel Nickless, The Australian Financial Review, 1 September 2012.
- What changing expectations about fatherhood mean for your business, by Myriam Robin, Smart Company, 31 August 2012.
- Dad's want flexible work too, by Astrid Wilson, HC Online, 30 August 2012.
- Fathers seek workplace flexibility, SBS Radio, 29 August 2012.
- Men want flexibility but they’re not taking it. Can you blame them? Angela Priestley, Women's Agenda, 29 August 2012.
- What men want: flexible work, by Rachel Nickless, The Australian Financial Review, 29 August 2012.
- What a man wants: more flexible work schedules, by Julie Power, The Sydney Morning Herald, 29 August 2012.
- Men want flexibility - on their own terms, by Lauren Novak, Adelaide Now, 28 August 2012.
- Male workers suffering from workplace inflexibility: Report, by Michelle Hammond, StartUp Smart, 28 August 2012.
- I’ll have what she’s having: Men want flexibility, too, by Fiona Smith, BRW, 28 August 2012.
- Nareen Young on flexible working for men, interview with Sky News, 28 August 2012.
- Why dads aren’t asking for time off, by Georgina Dent, BRW, 14 August 2012.
- Talkback: keep on working, presented by Natasha Mitchell, Radio National Life Matters, 10 August 2012.
- Board appointments: an indicator of gender equality progress?, Angela Priestley, Women's Agenda, 9 August 2012.
- Gender equity is more than just women on boards, by Nareen Young,Women's Agenda, 8 August 2012. Also reported in Smart Company, 9 August 2012 at http://www.smartcompany.com.au/strategy/051136-gender-equality-is-more-than-just-women-on-boards.html.
- Bar mum on silk selection, by Nicola Berkovic, The Australian, 3 August 2012.
- Career After Kids seminars in Melbourne and Sydney, Newsmaker, 24 July 2012.
- Grey areas a turn-off for older workers, Rosanne Barrett, The Weekend Australian, 21 July 2012.
- Baby bloomers - how mature-age workers are putting off retirement to meet the demand, Daniel Hoy, Herald Sun, 14 July 2012.
- Diversity no longer a 'nice to have' but a critical business imperative, Nareen Young, On Line Opinion, 11 July 2012.
- DCA wants new laws, Discrimination Alert, Issue 402, 6 July 2012.
- Diversity no longer just ‘nice to have’, Elizabeth Barnard, HC Online, 5 July 2012.
- Why Women Still Can’t Have It All: How Flexibility at Work Will Help Women Achieve a Work Life Balance, Rescu, 5 July 2012.
- Staying in the closet at work, Kate Southam, The Punch, 5 July 2012.
- Attitudes to older workers thawing, AAP, Business Spectator, 29 June 2012.
- Different strokes: Why diversity is good for business, Human Capital TV, 29 June 2012.
- ‘LGBT’ tag an out-an-out must, Nareen Young, Letter of the week, BRW, 28 June 2012.
- Age discrimination a major problem among recruiters: Diversity Council,Short List, 26 June 2012.
- Diversity delivers for Aust return on investment, Discrimination Alert, Issue 401, 26 June 2012.
- Paid parental leave boosts retention, The Weekend Australian, 23 Jun 2012.
- Be a frontrunner in parental leave conditions, HC Online, 19 June 2012.
- Businesses offering paid parental leave win high return rates, Diversity Council figures reveal, Patrick Stafford, Smart Company, 19 June 2012.
- AHRC sets out age reform goals, Discrimination Alert, Issue 400, 18 June 2012.
- Incentives to employ mature age works, Diversity Council Australia, Clubs & Pubs Manager, Winter 2012.
- Sharing the job means keeping the talent, Catherine Fox, The Australian Financial Review, 12 June 2012.
- Mums is the word, and work is the goal, Rachel Wells, The Age, 11 June, 2012.
- Where’s the cultural diversity? Tracking status amongst Australian business leaders, Nareen Young, Human Capital magazine, 28 May 2012.
- Deanna Chan & Ana Simurina Flexible Working Interview, Brooke Hunter,Femail.com.au.
- Stay at home if it works for you, Sophie Gosper, The Australian, 26 May 2012.
- Five top tips to create a gay-friendly workplace, Michelle Hammond,StartupSmart, 22 May 2012.
- Most inclusive LGBT employer named, 21 May 2012, HC Online.
- Working Mother’s day highlights work to be done, HC Editor, 14 May 2012.
- Ageing ladies cop plenty of hits ask Madonna, Catherine Fox, The Australian Financial Review, 1 May 2012.
- Age bias most common discrim reported: DCA, Discimination Alert, Issue 397, 30 April 2012.
- Good old-fashioned service from good older workers, Emily Parkinson, The Australian Financial Review, 19 April 2012.
- Employers to be offered $1,000 bonus for hiring older workers, Michelle Hammond, Startup Smart, 18 April 2012.
- What older workers really want, Kath Walters, Smart Company, 16 April 2012.
- DCA sets out hows and whys of flexible work, Discimination Alert, Issue 396, 13 April 2012.
- Time to make flexible working a legitimate career choice, Nareen Young,Productivity Spectator, 10 April 2012.
- Productivity's holistic management medicine, Jackson Hewett, Productivity Spectator, 10 Apr 2012.
- Hiring aggressive women will result in higher risks, Human Capital Magazine, 29 March 2012.
- Die-hard prejudices stymie flexibility, Brendan O'Keefe, The Weekend Australian Professional, 24 March 2012.
- Harmony Day kicks off to promote diversity in the workplace, Rocheen Flaherty, Dynamic Business, 21 March 2012.
- How to get the most out of a flexible workforce, Claire Hibbit, Dynamic Business, 20 March 2012.
- Interview with Nareen Young on flexible working, ABC TV News Breakfast, 20 March 2012.
- Flexible work language must change, HR Daily, 20 March 2012.
- Flexible work should be the norm: DCA, AAP, The Australian, Perth Now,Nine News Finance, Herald Sun, 19 March 2012,http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/breaking-news/flexible-work-should-be-the-norm-dca/story-e6frg90f-1226304060227,http://www.perthnow.com.au/flexible-work-should-be-the-norm-dca/story-fn6mh7xb-1226304448641,http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newsbusiness/aap/8437558/flexible-work-should-be-the-norm-dca and http://www.heraldsun.com.au/archives/old-news-pages/flexible-work-should-be-the-norm-dca/story-e6frf7ko-1226304060227.
- Why boardroom diversity matters to business, HC Online, 12 March 2012.
- Why we still haven’t got gender diversity right, Dynamic Business, 9 March 2012.
- Multicultural ministry a milestone for diversity, Michael Kenny, SBS Radio podcasts, 8 Mar 2012.
- Call for 'intercultural capability' in businesses, Nikki Canning, SBS Radio podcasts, 8 Mar 2012.
- IWD 2012: Voices of Gender Equality, Girls Germs, 8 March 2012.
- 10 ways to get more women at the top – female leaders tell, Madeleine Heffernan, Smart Company, 6 March 2012.
- Gender bill introduced, Hannah Low, The Australian Financial Review, 3 March 2012.
- Over the hill and far away? Not on your nellie, Nareen Young, HC Online, 9 February 2012.
- Racism rife in Aussie workplaces, HC Online, 24 January 2012.
- Nareen Young CEO of DCA is grateful for multiculturalism, Anita Heiss Blog, 24 January 2012.