Guidelines on posting to DCA's social media pages and platforms
The following guidelines are to ensure that DCA'S Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and blog pages are inclusive and safe, with lively, entertaining and, above all, intelligent discussions. This document draws extensively on The Guardian's community standards and participation guidelines.
- Be supportive and non-judgemental, and treat all members with respect at all times. Please respect other people's views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your contribution. We welcome debate and dissent, but personal attacks (on any individual), persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated.
- For the sake of robust debate, we will distinguish between constructive, focused argument and smear tactics.
- Keep it relevant. We know that some conversations can be wide-ranging, but if you post something which is unrelated to the original topic ("off-topic") then it may be removed, in order to keep the thread on track. This also applies to queries or comments about moderation, which should not be posted as comments. We reserve the right to remove any post that contains large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content
- We understand that people often feel strongly about issues in the diversity and inclusion space, but we will consider removing any content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening.
- We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, religious intolerance or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such. We recognise the difference between criticising a particular government, organisation, community or belief and attacking others.
- We will not tolerate any post that is, or could reasonably be perceived to be, defamatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise unlawful, including material that racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability.
- Inappropriate, illegal or abusive content will be moderated. The moderator will make a judgement about severity, and make an appropriate decision about issuing a warning, requesting a post be removed, deleting a post or blocking a person from this page if the following types of content is posted:
- Profane, defamatory, offensive or violent language
- “Trolling”, or posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions offtrack
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- Links or comments containing sexually explicit content material
- Discussion of illegal activity
- Spam, link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices
- Acknowledgement of intent to stalk an individual or collect private information without disclosure
- Commercial solicitations or promotion of profit making businesses
- Content determined to be inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of the group
- Advertising of any products or services is not permitted. This includes the promotion of personal businesses/companies.
These are in addition to guidelines and regulations of the social platforms. For more information on these visit: