Due to an ageing population and increasing life expectancy, there continues to be a pressure for older Australians to remain in the workforce for longer. Beyond these demographic shifts, there is considerable evidence to support the business case for age diverse workplaces, and for the inclusion of older people in particular.
- Age inclusion is better for the economy
- Age inclusion helps meet workforce shortages
- Age inclusive teams perform better
- Older workers bring workplace benefits
- Older workers are productive
- Older workers are important sources of knowledge
- Older workers are an increasing market share