Webinar on Multi-faith Inclusion at Work
Time: 3:00pm to 4:30pm AEST
DCA and the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner Kristen Hilton will explore multi-faith inclusion at work.
In multi-faith contemporary Australia, customers and employees are increasingly expecting products, services and workplaces to be inclusive of faith-related perspectives. And while we have more people who identify with a faith other than Christianity than ever before, the number of people who don’t identify with any faith has almost doubled.
At our next Diversity Leadership Program event in partnership with the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission, we will investigate how workplaces can be inclusive of religious diversity and balance religious expression with other human rights.
We will hear from the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner Kristen Hilton alongside an esteemed guest panel moderated by DCA's CEO, Lisa Annese, who will examine:
- What constitutes freedom of religious expression at work
- How to balance religious expression with other human rights
- How to adopt an inclusion rather than legal accommodation approach to religious inclusion
- The status of the religious freedoms legislation.
Speakers will include:
- Rev Lin Surch, Founder and Interfaith Minister, Beyond Gender
- Ryan Burke, Head of Inclusion & Diversity at Commonwealth Bank
- Kristen Hilton, Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner
- Rabbi Ralph Genende OAM, Caulfield Hebrew Congregation Inc.
We encourage DCA members to join us for this conversation about multi-faith inclusion at work.
First time registering for a DCA event?
All employees of our member organisations have complete access to our insightful events program. To register for an event, first create your individual member log-in by visiting www.dca.org.au/user/register and follow the prompts. Your account approval will take approximately one business day. For urgent registrations email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should attend
Participation in DCA events is free for all member employees and a significant benefit of membership that we urge you to maximise.
Live-captioning of this event can be accessed via your smartphone or tablet and a recording and transcript will be made available via the DCA website after the event. If you have any additional accessibility needs that would assist your participation at the event, please contact us on email@example.com.