What is GIDA?
In February 2023, along with our partners the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion, Community Business (Asia), and Diversity Works New Zealand, DCA launched the Global Inclusion & Diversity Alliance (GIDA).
GIDA is a community of practice for peak D&I organisations from around the world. GIDA partners act together to make workplaces across the world more equitable. They are not-for-profit organisations, working across the spectrum of diversity dimensions, specifically focused on workplace inclusion.
What does GIDA do?
We come together regularly to partner and collaborate, learn from each other, and share thought leadership across our jurisdictions. We do this for the benefit of our respective membership networks and to make workplaces all over the world more equitable.
GIDA Member Core Values
- We are not-for-profit organisations. Our work is for-purpose, not profit.
- We believe that D&I needs to be positioned in a local context. There are lessons we can learn from our global partners, but we respect that we each have unique local contexts and histories that must inform the work that we do in our own jurisdictions.
- We collaborate to create value for our respective membership networks. We work together to increase our capabilities and by doing so enrich what we offer to our own networks of members.
- We have integrity. We do the right thing, leading by example when it comes to being honest, trustworthy, fair, and accountable for our actions.
- We are transformative. We actively work together through the Alliance to advance equality in workplaces.
GIDA was officially launched at the Whiria Ngā Kaha Workplace Inclusion Aotearoa 2023 international conference, held in Auckland, Aotearoa, New Zealand between 15-17 February 2023. The alliance is working actively to grow and extend membership to similar organisations from across the globe, and to strengthen ties through regular exchanges, workshops and activities within the network. We encourage you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about GIDA and membership.