In multi-faith contemporary Australia, customers and employees are increasingly expecting products, services and workplaces to be inclusive of faith-related perspectives. And while we have more people who identify with a faith other than Christianity than ever before, the number of people who don’t identify with any faith has almost doubled.
At this Diversity Leadership Program event in partnership with the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission, we investigated how workplaces can be inclusive of religious diversity and balance religious expression with other human rights.
We heard from the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner Kristen Hilton alongside an esteemed guest panel moderated by DCA’s CEO, Lisa Annese, who examined:
- What constitutes freedom of religious expression at work
- How to balance religious expression with other human rights
- How to adopt an inclusion rather than legal accommodation approach to religious inclusion
- The status of the religious freedoms legislation.
- Rev Lin Surch, Founder and Interfaith Minister, Beyond Gender
- Ryan Burke, Head of Inclusion & Diversity at Commonwealth Bank
- Kristen Hilton, Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner
- Rabbi Ralph Genende OAM, Caulfield Hebrew Congregation Inc.