At this Indigenous Network, we looked at how businesses can commit to a meaningful and respectful working engagement with Indigenous communities while building respect for their heritage, cultures and knowledge.
- How to effectively approach Community members;
- How to engage with these Communities respectfully to work with your business;
- What Community conscious engagement is;
- How to design and implement an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander advisory panel and what its role can be;
- How positive connection can benefit both the organisation and the Community.
Our emcee, Kate Russell, Chair of DCAs Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander External Advisory Panel, had a yarn with our expert guest speakers which included:
- Celest Dargan, Aboriginal Workforce & Industry Participation Manager, Lendlease,
- Jason Timor, Director, Two Point Co, and
- Andy Meehan, General Manager, Policy, Research & Strategic Programs, Reconciliation Australia.