At this event, we heard from Christine McLiver, Workplace Engagement Manager at Black Dog Institute about how workplaces can build their people capability to support staff experiencing mental ill health. We talked about how managers can:
- Recognise the signs of mental ill health
- Have the conversation
- Understand rights and responsibilities
- Make reasonable adjustments
- Foster wellbeing and mentally healthy workplaces and
- Create an inclusive work culture.
DCA CEO Lisa Annese welcomed guest speakers from organisations leading the way in this area to support staff with mental ill health, and with lived experience including:
- Kate Furlong, National Director, Diversity, Equity + Inclusion, Wellbeing and Mental Health, Deloitte Australia,
- Amanda Tattersall, Associate Professor, Sydney Policy Lab at the University of Sydney,
- Chris Layton, Senior Human Resource Manager, Multiplex, and
- Christine McLiver, Workplace Engagement Manager, Black Dog Institute.