As Australia’s population ages and many are living longer, an increasing number of Australians will find themselves caring for their elderly loved ones alongside paid work.
During National Carer’s Week, DCA’s Member Relations Director, Fiona Austin-Weber, along with a special guest panel, looked at how organisations can support their employees in managing their eldercare responsibilities.
- The impact of eldercare on work in Australia,
- The unique challenges employees face when juggling work and eldercare responsibilities,
- Workplace policies that directly address the needs of employees, and
- Initiatives that organisations can implement to support employees with their eldercare responsibilities.
Our guest panel:
- Anna Sparkes (she/her), Chief People Officer at Gilbert + Tobin,
- Matthew Roome (he/him), Client Growth Leader, Care & Living with Mercer,
- Sarah Judd-Lam (she/her), Executive Manager Policy, Development & Research at Carers NSW, and
- Professor Irene Blackberry (she/her), John Richards Chair – Director, Care Economy Research Institute, at La Trobe University.