A Voice to Parliament will provide the foundation for better outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, by enabling them to give advice to the Federal Parliament about laws and policies that impact them through a simplified policy making process and structural change.
At our very special Indigenous Network, we were joined by Kate Russell, Chair of DCAs Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander External Advisory Panel, in discussion with Jade Ritchie, National Spokesperson, Yes23 Campaign (previously From the Heart) and General Manager at Tellus Holdings, about how corporate Australia can get behind the Yes! Campaign for the Voice.
This event covered:
- Why corporate Australia should support a Voice to Parliament,
- How organisations can get involved in the Yes! Campaign for the Voice,
- How individuals can be advocates while also supporting Indigenous self-determination,
- Ways to support your Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees during the campaign.
Our guest panel included:
- Thomas Mayo, National Indigenous Officer at Maritime Union of Australia, and Advocate for the Uluru Statement from the Heart,
- Ming Long AM, Chair of DCA’s Board and well-known and respected leader with extensive board experience in a range of industries including financial services, funds management, real estate and infrastructure,
- Jason Mifsud, Head of First Nations Affairs and Enterprises, Wesfarmers, and
- Jade Ritchie, National Spokesperson, Yes23 Campaign and General Manager at Tellus Holding.
To view the event recording click here – DCA event recording: Activate Your Voice to Support The Voice