Our guest panel talked about the work that leading practice organisations are doing all year round on LGBTIQ+ inclusion.
We touched on what’s changed since the release of DCAs Out at Work and Intersections at Work research, as well as give members the opportunity to ask questions and learn from others who are making strides with allies, programs and everyday policy that addresses greater inclusion and visibility of the LGBTIQ+ community.
Guest speakers included:
- Alyce Schotte, Relationship Manager, Pride in Diversity WA/SA/NT,
- Raymond Trau, Senior Lecturer, Department of Management, Health and Wellbeing Research Unit (HoWRU), Macquarie University
- Rachel Mead, Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Woolworths Group,
- Elissa Trafford, Head of Culture, Inclusion & Wellbeing, Settlement Services International, and
- Ross Wetherbee, President and Director for Wear it Purple.
‘Love the way that DCA research is presented in the slides with specific examples of the kinds of responses/lived experiences individuals have – together with the over-aching statistics it combines to send a powerful message that can help leverage for action in our own organisations.’ – Anon, event participant
‘I thought it was excellent. A variety of speakers with lived experience and from organisations big, small and at various stages of the LGBTQ+ journey. Some excellent examples of what is possible with supportive leadership, imagination, governance, empathy and grassroots enthusiasm and initiative, backed up by resources. – Judith, event participant
‘Fantastic event, each speaker was interesting and all had a varied view and different information to contribute – really well done – big thank you to DCA and all speakers’ – Anon, event participant
‘Well hosted, great insights. And follow up with links/research materials etc. timely and valuable.’ – Anon, event participant