Last year DCA joined forces with Jobsbank in creating evidence-based Inclusive Recruitment at Work guidelines to assist organisations to effectively attract, recruit and select a diverse talent pool of workers, including those who are typically left off their recruitment radars.
DCA has developed three new practical tools based on these guidelines with the aim of building inclusive recruitment knowledge and leading practice in organisations.
At this event we launched these new tools:
- An inclusive recruitment checklist to make sure leading practice is followed when it comes to recruiting inclusively,
- An educational quiz for developing inclusive recruitment knowledge and busting common misconceptions when it comes to recruiting, and
- An inclusive interviewing infographic, outlining some key guidelines to interviewing inclusively.
DCA’s Research Director, Dr Jane O’Leary, and Senior Research Manager, Dr Rose D’Almada-Remedios outlined what these tools are and how members can use them to make sure their recruitment practices are inclusive and not locking out overlooked and underleveraged talent from their organisation.
- Excellent session. Lots of good tips to ensure our recruitment is inclusive to all.
- Very knowledgeable and shared very specific scenarios to help, and shared resources whilst on the call.
- Incredible insights and feedback. The right balance of information to ensure it could be taken in and digested.
Diversity Leadership Program
This event was part of DCAs Diversity Leadership Program, which provides an opportunity to hear the latest on leading practice in workplace diversity and inclusion from organisations, social commentators, academics and thought leaders within the diversity field.