Beyond complaints – what it takes to prevent workplace sexual harassment and change culture
Time: 12:30pm to 2:00pm AEST
Bookings close: 11 May 2021
Workplace sexual harassment is not inevitable, it is not acceptable but it is preventable.
Some 37 year ago the Australian Government introduced the Sex Discrimination Act 1984, specifically prohibiting sexual harassment at work. Fast forward to 2021 and the shocking revelations of systemic and cultural sexism in Parliament House and elsewhere suggests that Australian businesses need to do more to create safe, gender-equal and inclusive workplaces, free of discrimination and harassment.
This is not a women’s issue, it is a societal issue, one which every Australian should feel compelled to address, and every Australian workplace should play a role to reform.
Join DCA CEO Lisa Annese and a special guest line up for a pivotal discussion around:
- Sexual harassment in the workplace and how corporate Australia can lead a culture change,
- Actions required to create workplaces that are safe for women, including preventing sexual harassment and everyday sexism, and creating culture change,
- What workplaces are doing to support victims, show leadership, and demonstrate policies that promote and map out a clear path to gender equality.
Our speakers will include:
- Professor Kim Rubenstein, Co-Director, 5050 by 2030 Foundation, Faculty of Business, Government and Law, University of Canberra
- Alison Kitchen, National Chairman, KPMG Australia
- Craig Drummond, CEO, Medibank Private
- Nareen Young, Professor, Indigenous Policy (Indigenous Workforce Diversity), Jumbunna Institute, UTS Sydney and
- Padma Raman PSM, Chief Executive, Australian Human Rights Commission.
First time registering for a DCA event?
All employees of our member organisations have complete access to our insightful events program. To register for an event, first create your individual member log-in by visiting www.dca.org.au/user/register and follow the prompts. Your account approval will take approximately one business day. For urgent registrations email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should attend
Participation in DCA events is free for all member employees and a significant benefit of membership that we urge you to maximise.
Live-captions can be accessed on your smartphone, tablet or computer etc.
If you need an Auslan interpreter, let us know 10 working days before the event.
If you have any other access needs let us know by emailing email@example.com.