This Case Study event looked at Ikea‘s program that involves refugee participants spending two months working to gain local experience which then supports them to lay strong foundations for stable employment.
IKEA Australia shared how the program was implemented as a critical part of the organisation’s diversity and inclusion strategy:
- Why and how they implemented the program,
- How they engaged staff, and communicated their vision for the program,
- What are the benefits of the program for participants and the overall business, and
- What results have been achieved.
DCA CEO Lisa Annese spoke with the IKEA Australia team including:
- Harriet Pope, Project Leader, IKEA Skills for Employment Programme,
- Tadros Hanna, IKEA program participant, and
- Carmen Garcia, Chief Executive Officer, Community Corporate.